Cwm Glas Mawr - Llanberis Pass - 17-19 Jan

Discuss and organise mountain meets here

Moderators: Fabian, VickyHiggs, joel, Stew, HarryC, Danielhand24, Andy A, Adam, Huw, Tom

Stew

Re: Cwm Glas Mawr - Llanberis Pass - 17-19 Jan

Post by Stew »

Karl, I will eat your desert please. Thank you.
Stew

Post by Stew »

Daniel, I could be convinced to do Tryfan on Sunday. On Saturday I’d like to walk straight from the hut. I like Karl’s plan as a Saturday option. I’m packing a light scrambling rack, harness and 30m scrambling rope. If we are talking about the same route I did it many summers ago as a 3, moving together to practice for an Alps trip and it was straight forward. I think Adam and Tom May have done it a few years ago in less than summery conditions and they reported it to be a good deal harder...if memory serves.
Danielhand24

Post by Danielhand24 »

Stew wrote:Daniel, I could be convinced to do Tryfan on Sunday. On Saturday I’d like to walk straight from the hut. I like Karl’s plan as a Saturday option. I’m packing a light scrambling rack, harness and 30m scrambling rope. If we are talking about the same route I did it many summers ago as a 3, moving together to practice for an Alps trip and it was straight forward. I think Adam and Tom May have done it a few years ago in less than summery conditions and they reported it to be a good deal harder...if memory serves.
I guess Tryfan does make more sense for Sunday so would welcome a guide. I think
Clogwyn Y Person Arete at grade 3 is out of my comfort zone at the mo, still working out what is sensible progression.
HarryC

Post by HarryC »

Karl, I would love the Tiramasu!

I'm happy to go for a plod on both days. Depending on what I get up to on saturday. I don't mind doing Tryfan.

But as always I tend to make the call the night before.

Looks like I will be driving up solo, so keen to understand this parking malarky. I don't want to become a mercian story of parking/finding the hut nightmare.

Thanks

Harry