New Year 29 Dec to 2 Jan - GMC Hut, Deiniolen

Discuss and organise mountain meets here

Moderators: Fabian, VickyHiggs, joel, Stew, HarryC, Danielhand24, Andy A, Adam, Huw, Tom

vijaykorotane

Re: New Year 29 Dec to 2 Jan - GMC Hut, Deiniolen

Post by vijaykorotane »

vijaykorotane wrote: 28 Nov 2022, 21:51 Hi All
Can you add me on as a reserve.
Vijay
£30 dep paid.
vijaykorotane

Post by vijaykorotane »

Any one for the following, I'm assuming everyone's in unless been told.

Lamb & Potato Curry
Cauliflower, Carrot & Potato Curry.
Dessert, Gulab Jaman & Vanilla Ice Cream

Vijay
Stew

Post by Stew »

I'll certainly come over for that please Vijay, if it's open to the other group.
Helen

Post by Helen »

vijaykorotane wrote: 30 Nov 2022, 15:58 Any one for the following, I'm assuming everyone's in unless been told.

Lamb & Potato Curry
Cauliflower, Carrot & Potato Curry.
Dessert, Gulab Jaman & Vanilla Ice Cream

Vijay
Is the veggie option vegan? If so, yes please, otherwise I will sort my own.
vijaykorotane

Post by vijaykorotane »

Stew wrote: 30 Nov 2022, 16:56 I'll certainly come over for that please Vijay, if it's open to the other group.
Open to All.
Adam

Post by Adam »

Just updated the hut attendees list, everyone has a space.

Yes please to all food.

See the whatscrap for meet group.

Happy Crimbo everyone.
MattKettle

Post by MattKettle »

Hi all. Unfortunately I’m not going to be able to come. But this time it isn’t playing related. 3 years ago my mom got diagnosed with Multiple Myeloma which is a blood cancer. Whilst my mom is really well at the moment, because of covid, and because my parents have basically still been isolating, I haven’t been able to spend any time at home with them since the beginning of the pandemic. Neither of them have had the virus still and whilst I haven’t got to travel/play anywhere, I think I need to take the opportunity to spend the time with my mom whilst I can be confident I wouldn’t be putting her at risk. We have to be incredibly careful with Myeloma and infections so it makes things incredibly difficult.

I am ever so sorry but I hope you can understand. Obviously I wish everything could go back to how it used to be and I could do both.

Anyway, I hope everybody has a great Christmas and that you all have a great time next week!
NWalker

Post by NWalker »

Matt

oh how I wish your reasoning was work related, or possibly almost any other reason than this. Spend time with your family. Mercians will still be here.

Best wishes
Naomi
MattKettle

Post by MattKettle »

Thanks Naomi. I really appreciate it.

Fortunately, my mom had a complete response remission and hasn’t had to have any treatment at all for two and a half years. So she’s doing incredibly and is really strong at the moment. When she has her blood tests there is no trace of myeloma now but obviously we know she’s got the condition. There are lots of different treatments she can have when she requires them, but so far she has only used half of one of them up as she got into remission virtually straight away in April 2020. It’s more our fear of Covid and what it might do that has made things impossible.

Anyway, hope you all had a great Christmas and that you have a great time this week. I’m planning to be around much more this year so hopefully it won’t be too long before I see you all!
annamairead

Post by annamairead »

Yes please to all foods :)
HarryC

Post by HarryC »

Yea please to all food
Tommy K

Post by Tommy K »

Sorry to say I won’t be on the NY meet anymore. Hope you all have a fantastic time and to see you soon.

TK