Volunteering with the National Trust

For news etc. on Social Events

Moderators: Fabian, VickyHiggs, joel, Stew, HarryC, Danielhand24, Andy A, Adam, Huw, Tom

Mike Hogg

Volunteering with the National Trust

Post by Mike Hogg »

Hi Mercian’s

The first Social meet of 2012 does not require any excessive drinking or eating (those meets come later in the year!).

Volunteering work party on the Clent Hills with the National Trust.

Place - Meet at Nimmings Car Park where the cafe is no need to pay if you say you are part of the volunteer party. See map http://www.bing.com/maps/?v=2&cp=52.424 ... 20park____

Time - 10am Saturday 7th January working to about 3pm. (you can leave when you want you are a volunteer)

What to bring – A pack lunch and drink. Suitable work clothing, waterproof and boots, we can provide gloves and boots if necessary. We may have a bonfire fire so old cloths are advisable. Bring a ruchsack because we will have to walk to the work place. Tools are provided.

What are we doing? – Could be clearing woodland, coppicing, path maintenance, litter clearing, repairing pot holes. I will know nearer the time.

We will be working with other people so a chance to meet up with other like minded people.

Please let me know if you can attend and I will email you a National Trust Volunteer form for you to complete so that you are covered by insurance.

Happy New Year
Mike Hogg
socialsec@mercianmc.org.uk
Last edited by Mike Hogg on 06 Jan 2012, 12:28, edited 1 time in total.
Mike van Dog
Mike Hogg

Re: Volunteering with the National Trust

Post by Mike Hogg »

So far we have the following brave souls willing to give a hand.

MH
Jodie M
BT
SN
DS
MS
CS
GT
LT possible
AH

Many thanks for volunteering

Updated 6/1/12
Last edited by Mike Hogg on 06 Jan 2012, 00:06, edited 2 times in total.
Mike van Dog
Mike Hogg

Post by Mike Hogg »

The job we are doing on Clent will be clearing trees – birch, sycamore, willow - on a seasonal watercourse. This is to improve opportunities for wildflowers.

Along with having a fire to reduce the amount of brash waste.

Weather looks to be dry!

Mike
Mike van Dog
mrbenthompson

Post by mrbenthompson »

Hello,

Is anyone kind enough and able to pick me up? My vehicle has broken down and will be in the garage over the weekend.

Thank-you,

Ben
"Ow, I like it!"
Mike Hogg

Post by Mike Hogg »

Ben

Where do you live? I am in Harborne. Email me at
socialsec@mercianmc.org.uk
Mike van Dog
Mike Hogg

Post by Mike Hogg »

Thanks to all 11 people who attended this work party. We joined 3 other regular volunteers and Alex the National Trust Countryside Manger.

We cleared a large area of fallen trees and scrub and thinned out some other trees in a rather boggy area the brash was burnt on a large bonfire. This will allow more light to reach the ground and the native flowers to grow.

I will try and put a picture or two on the website.

Mike
Mike van Dog
mrbenthompson

Post by mrbenthompson »

Thanks for organizing Mike, it was a great day. I hope I have the opportunity to do some more sometime :D
"Ow, I like it!"
Vicki

Post by Vicki »

Glad to hear it went well, Mike. I'll have to try and get along to the next one. If you want to send me some pictures I can put them up for you. Also, you could get in touch with Simon about writing a blog spot for it. :)

Ben, don't let me forget next time I see you that I've still got that rucksack cover in the car for you.
Vicki

Post by Vicki »

Mike Hogg

Post by Mike Hogg »

Mike van Dog