Annual Dinner

For news etc. on Social Events

Moderators: Fabian, VickyHiggs, joel, Stew, HarryC, Danielhand24, Andy A, Adam, Huw, Tom

Mike Hogg

Annual Dinner

Post by Mike Hogg »

Hi Folks

The Annual Dinner this year will be held in Beddgelert at The Royal Goat Hotel http://www.royalgoathotel.co.uk at 7.30pm Saturday 10th March. The 3 course menu with tea or coffee costs £20 and is shown below please let me have your menu choice and £10 deposit by Friday 2nd March.

Accommodation is available at the hotel and at the climbing hut at Cwm Dyli (Simon will post details later) the hut is about 8km from the hotel so you will need to drive or arrange a taxi in advance.

I have reserved 4 double rooms at the hotel with breakfast at £75 per room per night. Please book and pay for these rooms direct with the hotel and mention Mike Hogg to get this special rate. Any rooms not booked 2 weeks before the dinner will be returned to the hotel. I advise prompt booking since there is also a wedding reception at the hotel that night.

Extra info –

· The hotel has a selection of real ales our bar closes at midnight.

· Dogs welcome in hotel bedrooms charged £8 per night.

· Camper vans can park but not overnight in the hotel car park.

· Breakfast only at the hotel £7.95.

· Dinner will be served in the Bar dining area at the front of the hotel which will be closed off for our exclusive use.

· Alternative accommodation in Beddgelert see http://www.beddgelerttourism.com

Menu

Starter

Tomato and roasted red pepper soup

Goats cheese wrapped in parma ham with salad leaves and cranberry syrup

Mini fish and seafood pie in a puff pastry case

---------------------------------------------------------

Main Course

Ham shank with braised cabbage and a honey and mustard sauce

Fillet of sea bass with Mediterranean vegetables and a warm tomato and herb dressing

Butternut squash stew with home-made bread

------------------------------------------------------------------

Pudding

Chocolate terrine with fruit coulis and vanilla ice cream

Fresh fruit mille fuille

Selection of locally made ice cream

-------------------------------

Tea or Coffee

Mike
socialsec@mercianmc.org.uk
Mike van Dog
Mike Hogg

Re: Annual Dinner

Post by Mike Hogg »

Hi Folks

Friday 2nd March is the last date to choose your menu and pay your £10 deposit for the MMC Annual dinner. I will be at the club on Thursday 1st March. I will accept cash or cheque (payable to Mike Hogg).

If you cannot make it on Thursday please email me your menu choice and pay direct to my bank (please contact me for my bank details).

If you want to stay in the hut please tell Simon our Meets Sec.

Thanks

Mike
socialsec@mercianmc.org.uk
Mike van Dog